Install into different domain?

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Can I modify the configuration files so I can install this in an environment with a different AD domain?  Do I need to edit demo.xml, manifest.xml and Install.ps1?  

When I ran the Content Pack installer without modifying anything, I got as far as the web app installed, but it errored on the Term Store administration step. 

I then played around with the editing these files where it seems to make sense (e.g, change the domain name from CONTOSO to my domain name), but the install started failing before even creating the web app.  Can you provide guidance on how to do this?

Thanks!

David

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 10:47 PM

You are correct in that you should just make the changes to the files you list and then run the Content Pack install. Which Content Pack are you trying to install?

I will also do some more checking with our developers.

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Thanks for your response.  I am trying to install the Govt_Contoso_Intranet content pack, but only because it says in the instructions that I am required to install it first.  My goal is to get the Govt_Contoso_ECM package installed.  I have a demo for a customer scheduled tomorrow morning, and I was hoping to use this. 

Could someone possibly contact me today to help me?  My email is davidt@cdh.com.

Thank you,

David Tappan

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM

OK, I've made progress, I think.  It created the intranet web app and the database is attached.  The installer failed out with an error about restoring the ePermit DB.  For now I don't care about that application.  But now when I try to open the site, I get 404 not found.  I tried connecting to the site settings page (/_layouts/settings.aspx) just to see if the problem is only with the home page, but that gets a 404 not found as well.  I can ping the address, which is in my hosts file as 127.0.0.1, as in the instructions.

Again, if you have any time to help me get to the point where the /sites/ecmallup site collection is working, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

David